Table of Contents Show
The Bloody Mary is a classic cocktail known for its savory, spicy flavors and its status as a popular brunch and hangover drink.
But how do you make a Bloody Mary with vodka? This guide aims to answer that question, providing a simple recipe for a Bloody Mary and tips for achieving the best flavor.
Bloody Mary Recipe
Here’s a basic recipe for a Bloody Mary:
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco), or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Celery stalk and lemon wedge for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add the vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce to the glass.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the ingredients together until well-mixed.
- Garnish with a celery stalk and a lemon wedge.
Tips for Making a Bloody Mary
- Choose a good-quality vodka: The vodka should be smooth and clean-tasting, with no harsh alcohol burn.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste: The amount of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper can be adjusted to suit your personal taste. Start with a little and add more as needed.
- Consider adding other flavors: Some people like to add other flavors to their Bloody Mary, such as horseradish for a bit of heat, or pickle juice for a tangy twist.
A Bloody Mary is a savory and spicy cocktail that’s made with vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. The ingredients are mixed together over ice, then garnished with a celery stalk and a lemon wedge. By choosing a good-quality vodka and adjusting the seasoning to taste, you can make a delicious Bloody Mary at home.
This guide was written by Eric, a multi-talented food blogger with over 12 years of experience in the field. Eric is passionate about helping people make amazing cocktails at home, and he hopes this guide has helped you learn how to make a Bloody Mary with vodka.