Table of Contents Show
The vodka martini is a classic cocktail that’s known for its simplicity and elegance. It’s a variation of the traditional martini, which is made with gin and vermouth. But how do you make a vodka martini? This guide aims to answer that question, providing a simple recipe for a vodka martini and tips for achieving the best flavor.
Vodka Martini Recipe
Here’s a basic recipe for a vodka martini:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- Lemon twist or olive for garnish
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Add the vodka and vermouth to the glass.
- Stir the ingredients together for about 30 seconds, or until well-chilled. Unlike shaking, stirring a martini helps to maintain the clarity of the drink and gives it a silky texture.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or an olive. To make a lemon twist, cut a thin slice of lemon peel and twist it over the glass to release the oils, then drop it into the drink.
Tips for Making a Vodka Martini
- Choose a good-quality vodka: The vodka is the star of this drink, so it’s worth choosing a good-quality brand. The vodka should be smooth and clean-tasting, with no harsh alcohol burn.
- Use fresh vermouth: Vermouth is a type of fortified wine, and like other wines, it can go bad after it’s been opened. For the best flavor, use fresh vermouth and store it in the refrigerator after opening.
- Chill your glass: A vodka martini should be served very cold, so it’s a good idea to chill your glass before making the drink. You can do this by filling the glass with ice and water and letting it sit for a few minutes, then dumping out the ice and water before pouring in the drink.
A vodka martini is a simple and elegant cocktail that’s made with vodka, vermouth, and a lemon twist or olive for garnish. The ingredients are stirred with ice until well-chilled, then strained into a chilled martini glass. By choosing a good-quality vodka, using fresh vermouth, and chilling your glass, you can make a delicious vodka martini at home.
This guide was written by Eric, a multi-talented food blogger with over 12 years of experience in the field. Eric is passionate about helping people make amazing cocktails at home, and he hopes this guide has helped you learn how to make a vodka martini.