Broccoli cheese soup is a classic comfort food, especially during the cold winter season. The creamy melted cheese surrounding chunks of broccoli makes it a delectable dish.
However, to turn this soup into a great meal for you and your family, you need the perfect sides.
Here are 33 sides that complement the warmth, flavors, and richness of broccoli cheese soup, categorized for your convenience.
- Bread Bowl: Serving your soup inside a bread bowl can make your meal even better. Add in a bit of butter and parmesan before baking for a little bit more flavor.
- Homemade Club Crackers: Making something in your own kitchen from scratch is rewarding. These club crackers are easy to make and are a perfect side for broccoli cheddar soup.
- Homemade Biscuits: Buttery and flaky biscuits are a great side when considering what to eat with broccoli cheese soup.
- Dinner Rolls: Dinner Rolls slathered in Everything Seasoning and baked to perfection would be a great pair with Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- Chewy French Bread: You can whip up this five-ingredient Chewy French Bread in no time!
- Fluffy Garlic Butter Breadsticks: Made from scratch, these Fluffy Garlic Butter Breadsticks are delicate and airy.
- Baked Kale Chips: The crunch from baking these kale chips balances out so well with the creamy texture of the soup. They are easy to make and can add a healthy crunch to your meal.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Fries with cheese is an amazing combination. The sweet and salty flavors go great together, making sweet potato fries a perfect side.
- Oven Roasted Vegetables: These are coated in herbs, garlic, and a bit of olive oil and lemon juice, making them far from bland and a perfect side for your soup.
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries: These crispy green beans taste so good as a side for broccoli cheese soup, or even dipped into it!
- Grilled Kielbasa: A juicy, meaty, and savory sausage to match the cheesy goodness of your Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- Oven Roasted Chicken: Sautéed onions and garlic add flavor to this simple chicken dish.
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad: This chilled potato salad gives you a cold side to enjoy with your hot soup. The flavors won’t overwhelm you as you’re trying to enjoy your soup.
- Coleslaw: The tang of coleslaw makes it a great choice for a side. The opposing flavors from the soup and the slaw work well for a quick dinnertime meal.
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad: Fresh salads are always delicious sides for broccoli cheese soup. This salad is light, tasty, and quick and easy to throw together.
- Moist Cornbread: This homemade cornbread is moist and fresh, a solid choice for sides for comforting dinners.
- Crispy Potato Wedges: The crunch of these crispy potatoes followed by the soft and fluffy insides of the wedges makes them a delicious side dish.
- Kale Caesar Crunch Salad: Caesar salad is a top pick for salads but throwing in kale makes it so much better. The crunchy breadcrumbs topping this salad are unbeatable.
- Loaded Baked Potatoes: If you’re a fan of broccoli cheese soup, you can take it to the next level by topping your potatoes with extra cheese and broccoli.
- Turkey Bacon & Avocado Panini: A filling and hearty sandwich grilled until it has browned is a great side for broccoli cheese soup.
- Cheese & Garlic Crack Bread: This garlic bread is sure to impress, whether you’re entertaining a large group or preparing a simple meal for two.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries: They bake up beautifully in the oven and are a joy to serve.
- Arugula Salad: This simple yet scrumptious Arugula Salad recipe features a nice, tangy finish thanks to the simple dressing, made with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Cauliflower Rice: If you’re craving rice and want to experiment a bit, maybe Cauliflower Rice would entice you!
- Crispy Onion Rings: Regardless of whether you choose to bake or fry your Crispy Onion Rings, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Oven Roasted Carrots With Thyme: Another side dish you can quickly make is this oven roasted carrots with thyme recipe!
- Homemade Croutons: This homemade croutons recipe transforms your stale bread into a crunchy and well-seasoned topper for your broccoli cheese soup.
- Air Fried Macaroni & Cheese Balls: Enjoy a twist to your favorite mac and cheese in this Air Fried Macaroni And Cheese Balls recipe.
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: Buttery, cheesy, and delightful—these words best describe this heaven on a plate side dish.
- Broccoli Apple Salad: The refreshing taste of the salad complements the savory flavor of the soup, making it more broccolicious than ever.
- Italian Pinwheels: Here’s an easy yet incredibly flavorful Italian Pinwheels made with ten ingredients.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe: The combination of both garlic and butter in this mashed potato recipe gives you more reason to pair it with your rich and creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup.
In the end, feel free to experiment with the flavors and trust your gut. Whether you prefer something crispy, bready or meaty—they all can be paired with your fantastic Broccoli Cheese Soup. Make your broccoli cheese soup your main dish and surround it with these flavorful side dishes for a tasty meal that will leave everyone satisfied and happy!
What’s your favorite side to pair with Broccoli Cheese Soup? Let us know in the comments below!